Friday 4 January 2019

COMPARING OLD CORNWALL WITH TODAY

 Boscawen Street, Truro 1920
Boscawen Street, Truro 2018


While in Cornwall's city of Truro I just happened to have with me an old photo of Boscawen Street - okay, I took it with me on purpose! But, whatever, I tried to snap the same photo as it looks nowadays. I couldn't get exactly the right position but the similarities are there. The street still has the same cobbled surface and some of the original buildings.

The 1920s photo isn't too clear but there are some interesting cars parked.

4 comments:

  1. Extraordinarily unchanged and love the old cars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I love the old cars too. Interesting looking back at the old Cornwall - often it seems that very little has changed.

      Delete
  2. Cant be 1920 top pic as the war memorial didnt go up till 1922 :)

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED POST

Beaches and Harbour at Newquay, Cornwall

It's raining yet again in Cornwall, so I've dug out a few photos of a short stroll looking at a few of Newquay's beaches. T...