Wednesday 13 January 2021

It's All White During a Day in Cornwall


It had been raining and the Gover Stream was  busy bubbling along, the water having a white glow.


Alongside the stream the trees were often covered in moss and created an almost magical scene.


Further on I followed the White River, as it passed by the Trenance Viaduct. The heavy rain made the river move along at speed. As I have mentioned previously the whiteness is from local china clay deposits.
The white of the river contrasted with the green leaves and moss.


It wasn't only the river that was white. I met this cat who seemed to want to play. I couldn't resist.


For a while we got on well, but cats are independent creatures and my playfulness tired him after a while. 


I remembered another white cat I once met on a walk, who had the most beautiful blue eyes.


There's a lot of white about. The seagull, with it's white chest and head, looked very smart as it ambled by a flower display.


And then I spotted the damp white flowers who didn't seem to mind the winter rain.


A wild hydrangea was mostly white and looked quite Spring like despite the winter chill.


As the hours swept by it got quite dark. The Gover Stream looked quite mysterious, so time to hurry home. Who knows who or what could be lurking in the darkness.



Thanks for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Nice collection of white subjects, the cat pictures are delightful. Even to a confirmed dog lover like me. My Primulas have been flowering all winter and I'm looking forward to Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David. The primulas were in a neighbours garden, very little colour in ours, though the camellia will flower very soon. Hopefully Spring will be a better time for us all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED POST

CORNWALL'S EDEN PROJECT - 20+ photos

We had a visit to Cornwall's Eden Project. It wasn't looking its best, because of the time of year, but we still enjoyed our visit ...