Thursday 6 June 2019

The Owl Sanctuary and Reflections Of An Owl's Eye

Owl photo
A while back there were owls in our local town. They were from the Screech Owl Wildlife Park near Indian Queens, Cornwall. As I had my camera with me I snapped a few photos and put some money in their bucket. 

One of the photos really caught my eye - as I saw my own reflection in the owl's eye! Not a very elegant pose.

An owl's eye

The Screech Owl Sanctuary isn't some sort of zoo for birds, they have admirable aims. To quote from their website:


# To provide care and rehabilitation for sick and injured wild owls in Cornwall. To ensure their safe release into the wild on recovery or, if permanently disabled, to provide a comfortable home in a suitable environment.
# To promote awareness of the conservation needs of owl species and their natural habitats by working with schools, youth organisations, groups and individuals of all ages.
More information on their website.
Indian Queens
The name Indian Queens, for the local village, is named after a picture which was once in an old Inn or Pub which stood beside the road leading to Goss Moor.
Some say the Picture was of Pocahontast, others say it was of  Queen Victoria - who was Queen of India. But, whatever. you'll find the Screech Owl Wildlife Park at Goss Moor, near Indian Queens.

6 comments:

  1. I love this one Mike. The photo of the owl's eye is amazing! And I always wondered about the name of Indian Queens, it sounds so exotic. All best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Many thanks. I do like owls, we often hear one at night. Pelting with rain today, where has the sunshine gone! Best wishes.

      Delete
  2. Yrs, I can see you in the eye. Wonderful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post! Thank You, Mike. I see You have had a very lucky day, enjoy the evening too. Greetings and best wishes To You, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED POST

My Garden in Cornwall

There still isn't much colour in our garden at the moment, here in Cornwall. I think Spring must have forgotten us.  On the opposite  ...