Friday 20 September 2019

From Cornwall To The Canary Islands


Apologies that there haven't been any Cornwall posts for a short while. I have been away in Lanzarote, Canary Islands.

I have taken the liberty of a publishing a couple of random photos from the island. 

The photo above is leaving Exeter, England by plane and below is a view of Lanzarote's volcanic countryside - perhaps not everyone's cup of tea!


I quite like the scenery though, certainly very different from Cornwall.


But there are also some pleasant beaches and ...


… also some very busy beaches - the sort that has no appeal to me, but each to their own taste. I like a bit of elbow room on the beach.


And to finish with a couple of Lanzarote birds.


The one below I believe is a Hoopoe, though I called it an upside down bird.


… because from some angles the bird looks to be upside down! 

Anyway, apologies for the lack of Cornwall photos, hopefully normal service will be resumed.


2 comments:

  1. No need for an apology Mike, these are lovely photo's that show just how different the landscape is. I'm with you tho', I like a bit of greenery. The birds are impressive, it must be quite odd to see exotic birds like these just flying around you, the busy beach looks horrendous. What I did notice was the wonderful, warm light. I've found these pictures a pleasant change but I'm looking forward to some "proper beaches"& a lot more foliage.
    A grand pos t Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, it made a pleasant change, didn't read a newspaper or watch television or use any form of computer - so didn't know what had happened in the world. We enjoyed our stay.

      Delete

FEATURED POST

CORNWALL'S EDEN PROJECT - 20+ photos

We had a visit to Cornwall's Eden Project. It wasn't looking its best, because of the time of year, but we still enjoyed our visit ...