Tuesday 20 August 2024

A WALK AROUND CHARLESTOWN, CORNWALL

 
Charlestown today, the weather is somewhat changeable but there are quite a few visitors and boats about.


The once fishermen's cottages are neatly coloured







The Pier House  has  also had a bit of a make over.


Always interesting  to see the harbour. 


To get to the other side of the harbour it's necessary to cross the bridge shown  below - the bit that looks like a plank of wood!


When the harbour tide is out some people enjoy the mud between their toes. 









People crossing the bridge, mentioned earlier.


Homeward bound.



But first a quick look at one of the two small beaches



That's all for today 
thanks for visiting my blog ~ Mike

P.S. For many more Charlestown posts  and photos enter 'Charlestown' in the search on the front of my blog.

__________________________________________________________________________________




5 comments:

  1. Charlestown is a firm favourite of mine and it's lovely to see the boats and cottages there. Interesting to see the plaque on a bench, I too always stop to read them. Some can be quite moving. The "plank" bridge does look a bit daunting but your closer view of it shows it has sturdy supports below. Interesting post as always, take care Mike. David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David, thank you. I'm sure I must have mentioned that Charlestown is one of my favourites too. I am a little concerned though that several food outlets have sprung up and I hope this won't spoil the atmosphere. The Pier House has also added more bedrooms for visitors. Anyhow we will continue to walk around the harbour. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that plaque on that bench is so relevant to the book I just read and had signed by the author at the 2024 Byron Writers Festival Mike.
    Can I take a screen shot of that photo to use in an upcoming post for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting Darren - you are welcome to to take a screen shot. Hope you are doing okay, good wishes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mike, I'll credit the photo to you and this blog post if and when I use it.
      Cheers.

      Delete

FEATURED POST

A WALK AROUND CHARLESTOWN, CORNWALL

  Charlestown today, the weather is somewhat changeable but there are quite a few visitors and boats about. The once fishermen...