Friday 1 April 2022

Flower Power in Cornwall


The palm trees at Cornwall's Eden Project were a little bedraggled but, no doubt, they will improve with the sunshine.


We were on a quickish visit to Eden to see what flowers were in colour.


The daffs looked fine as we approached one of the biomes.


Then it was into the Mediterranean biome with tulips welcoming us into the warmth.




From then on I snapped a few photos of flowers which caught my eye.


I liked the following display because it almost looks like a painting.


Here are a few more of the photos.














And, of course, there had to be a bird of paradise (Strelitzia reginae).


We then made our way out of the biomes and towards the exit.


Several plants were running free.


On the way out of the Eden Project there was lots of heather in various shades of colour.


We returned home to be welcomed by our azalea. Such a lovely plant which virtually needs no attention and flowers every year


We have lots of primroses. They are allowed to roam wherever they wish as they were my mother's favourite flowers. Oh, and the red brick to the right of the photo, which I have no doubt mentioned previously, is from the cottage where my wife was born in northern Germany. We went to visit the cottage and found it had been knocked down to make way for a new, faster road. So we carried a couple of bricks back from Germany. Luckily we had our car with us!


To finish today's flower post theme two more photos. The flowers were received by my wife for Mother's Day and ...


... the following day for her birthday. I guess our sons must feel that she's done a good job! So do I, of course.


Many thanks for visiting my blog. As the old Chinese saying goes: "If you have two loaves of bread sell one and buy a lily" (or perhaps any flower). Hope you have an interesting week ~ Mike.

Here's another random Eden Project post: A Walk At Cornwall's Eden Project - With 27 Photos

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see some sunshine & colourful flowers Mike. We've had gales and sleet/snow showers for the last two days so your pictures are very welcome.
    The flowers in the domes are impressive but so are your garden flowers. Lovely photo's Mike, enjoy the weekend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, it's cold here today but there is a blue sky, so can't grumble too much. It's good to see some colour in the gardens now.
      Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Haha, love that old chinese saying Mike! What lovely Eden pictures (my favourite is the red tulips with the gnarly trunk in the background). I could do with a sesh in the Mediterranean dome today, brrrrr, it is very cold out there. We have an azalea that does best in the years I leave it alone. I remember the story about your wife's childhood house and red brick rescue. Great to see a picture of one in your garden. I wonder if you or your sons can speak German? Lulu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lulu, it has been a bit nippy recently but there does seem to be some colour in the gardens now. Our azalea always puts on a nice display, often earlier than other plants or shrubs. As for speaking German our sons don't speak the language and neither do I! Luckily my wife speaks good English. The only trouble is that sometimes she can't distinguish between an 'a' and 'u' as in say cat and cut - which has led to some funny conversations. Have a good week.

      Delete

FEATURED POST

My Garden in Cornwall

There still isn't much colour in our garden at the moment, here in Cornwall. I think Spring must have forgotten us.  On the opposite  ...