Monday 6 March 2023

A Short Walk to Porthpean, Cornwall


My wife had an appointment at our local hospital, so I wandered off for a short walk. As for the camellia above this is from our garden.


I had a choice of interesting places to visit and decided to head off in the direction of Porthpean.


I soon reached the Porthpean sailing club. It was good to see a blue sky even though it was quite chilly.


I wandered onto Porthpean beach, all was quiet and peaceful.


A couple of photos next, taken from the beach.




There's a sign about Cornwall's Crumbling Cliffs.


A look at those cliffs.



I started on my return to the hospital passing through Lower Porthpean.


There are some pleasant flowers in the gardens of some very desirable properties.


I noticed an old milestone with the old spelling of St. Austell i.e. Austle not Austell.


I was soon back at the hospital to pick up my wife and return home. On the way we spotted a host of golden daffodils.


Thanks for visiting my blog, take care ~ Mike.

3 comments:

  1. The beach at Porthbean looks really nice but I'm surprised to see you have cliff erosion. I associate that more with the East Yorkshire coast.
    I hope all went well for your wife Mike. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach is okay at this time of year. The cliff erosion is dependent on which part of Cornwall is being visited. This stretch, which includes Charlestown beach, is a bit crumbly and there have been falls. My wife still has a few more appointments in various hospitals, thanks for asking. All good wishes to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Another wonderful walk and super pictures Mike :) x

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED POST

My Garden in Cornwall

There still isn't much colour in our garden at the moment, here in Cornwall. I think Spring must have forgotten us.  On the opposite  ...