Monday 17 July 2023

Flowers In My Garden In Cornwall


Haven't been able to get out and about this week so a few flowers from our garden. Actually, the flower below is trying to escape from next doors' garden but is very welcome.


Tucked away next to the bird house


A geranium, who doesn't seem to mind if I sometimes forget to give it water.


Hydrangeas, so easy to grow. This one is in a biggish container. I heard a saying which said
that  Hydrangeas are like happiness in bloom. Not sure about that but they fill a space.




I think this must be some sort of geranium.


Yes, it was very dry when I snapped the next photo, but they were still smiling.


And then the wind blew ...




Next, a cluster of colour leaning happily on Cornish stone


A dahlia, this one comes back year after year


Looks like the next dahlia is off for a walk as the sun goes down.


A fuchsia, so perfect I had to have a closer look. I can understand why Claude Monet said, "I must have flowers, always and always I must have flowers." 


And to finish off with some sunshine, well sort of.


Thanks for visiting my blog ~ Mike.

Here's another garden type post:


4 comments:

  1. I would say that you are growing the flowers that Monet would love! These are all lovely. I’ve been waiting nearly a year for a hydrangea to bloom. They are not too fond of the summer heat here. There is nothing like a blooming garden to boost a grey day. I hope you are enjoying a great summer. As always, Ann K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann, always good to hear from you. There are hydrangeas everywhere at the moment. Along the road where we live there is a stretch of various hydrangeas and colours next to the narrow road, it looks a lovely. I must remember to take a photo. Trust all is well, good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your garden is bustling with wonderful flowers Mike. I particularly like the cactus Dahlia. I only have one blooming at the moment, but the others are gearing up for a show.The fuchsias really are exquisite. I hope that you are keeping well. Lulu :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has spoilt a couple of the dahlias but there are lots more buds to follow. Thanks Lulu

      Delete

FEATURED POST

A Day in Cornwall: Charlestown, St.Austell, Heligan

A few photos from the last week when we were out and about. Above is the port at Charlestown and below is looking out to sea from the harbo...