Sunday 17 December 2023

Colour and Flowers on a Cold, Cornish, December Day


I haven't been too far from home recently so was quite chuffed to see a camellia in flower on Toby's bush - Toby was my favourite dog, a wonderful border collie. 
Then I noticed a hydrangea as below.


A few leaves on geraniums looked quite bright and cheerful.


I guess if we don't look we won't see. I wonder how much we miss in life.


I wandered into St. Austell. Unfortunately, it seems. I'm a bit too old to have a free ride - as below.


People were looking in shop windows including a great white lump.


The lump turned out to be a Polar bear We don't usually see many of these bears roaming St. Austell, despite the chilly weather.



There were a few colourful flowers lingering on.


The seagull must also be a flower lover.

When I returned home I noticed quite a few more buds on Toby's tree - as above. So more colour may be on its way. Today's final photo is looking into our front porch. The fir tree is on the outside.

Thanks for visiting my blog. In case I don't catch up with you before Christmas. I hope you have a happy, peaceful time.
Mike.

6 comments:

  1. That ride doesn't look like my cup of tea, Mike :-)
    Love those poppies behind the fir tree.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours, Mike.
    And keep these posts coming in the new year.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Darren - you usually make me smile! Have been seeing the Australian floods on TV, hope all is oaky where you are. Happy Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Good to see some colour around in your post Mike, the Geranium leaves were very bright & healthy. My garden is all cold and wet, I'm just waiting for the first shoots of the Daffodils that usually appear just after Christmas
    I hope you and yours have a happy Christmas Mike.
    David & Popcorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello David, have to admit the photos look better than my garden in reality. The grass is very wet and I need to tidy up the back borders. The front garden isn't too bad As a while back I managed to cut the grass and tidy the small borders. The weather here is still very damp and grey. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, what a lot of lovely colour, Mike! All our blooms have died, having rotted in the recent heavy rains. Even my begonias, the last stoic survivors, have gone. It’s lovely to see the flowers and varigated leaves in your photos. Wishing you and yours a very happy Christmas and all the very best for 2024! ⛄️🤶🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camellia has more colour now but high winds have made their toll over the last couple of days. I guess we can't control the weather.
      All good wishes to you for Christmas, this year seems to have gone so fast. Hope you have a happy 2024.

      Delete

FEATURED POST

A Day in Cornwall: Charlestown, St.Austell, Heligan

A few photos from the last week when we were out and about. Above is the port at Charlestown and below is looking out to sea from the harbo...