Monday 8 January 2024

An Alternative Cornwall


Not a usual post today as there are no Cornish harbours, beaches and the like, other than the photo above.  Instead  a few creatures great and small seen in Cornwall. All is peaceful below.


Next is one happy turkey, chuffed at not being stuffed for Christmas.


Sheep. These beauties were seen at the Lost Gardens of Heligan.


Ponies now, glad to be free and frisky on Bodmin Moor.


Sometimes its difficult to reach an annoying itch.


A pleasant pheasant. I looked at him and he looked at me.


Oh dear, found this poorly robin. Glad to say he survived.


Like some ancient creature found in our garden.


This squirrel was knocking on out front door! As we didn't let him in he made his way to our bird feeder in our back garden!


The squirrel actually got into the feeder.


A butterfly fluttered by ...


...as did the next fellow.


A little sheep appeared lost, perhaps it belonged to Bo Peep.


A contented rabbit.


Strewth, a false widow spider, far from being my favourite creature.


Think I'd better finish today's post in a more positive theme.


Thanks for visiting my blog ~ Mike.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post Mike.
    Rabbits and toads are big pests in Australia and my local council organise "Toad Busting" nights to try and cull the Cane Toad population.
    That last picture of the birds sitting on the barb wire fence reminds me of the cover of the book 'Man's Search for Meaning', which I have on the filling cabinet to my right, yet to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Darren. The toad is the only one I have seen in our garden, It quite surprised me. It's cold this side of the pond, had a few snow flakes earlier on today. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. A lovely set of creature photos, the sheep having a good scratch made me smile and good to know the Robin survived. Happy New Year Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, wish you a good New Year too. Hoping Ill be able to do a few walks again soon.

      Delete

FEATURED POST

A Day in Cornwall: Charlestown, St.Austell, Heligan

A few photos from the last week when we were out and about. Above is the port at Charlestown and below is looking out to sea from the harbo...