Thursday 28 November 2019

Farm Animals Seen In Cornwall

Cattle with a wonderful view in Cornwall

At the time of writing we have had, what seems like, weeks of continuous rain. This has limited me getting out and about as much as usual. Today's post, therefore, is of farm animals seen in Cornwall over the year.


Cows and cattle in Cornwall

The photo above almost looks like a still life. The animals posed quite peacefully. More than can be said with the cattle seen in north Cornwall, below, they seemed to want to get away from me as quickly as possible.

Cattle in Cornwall

The pale coloured animal (below) is a White Park cattle breed which have been kept in Britain for over 2,000 years. They are closely descended from Britain's original wild white cattle.

In 1973 there were only 60 breeding females but with the help of the Rare Breed Survival Trust there are now 750 breeding females.

The large horned lady is a Highland Cattle Breed. These spread from the west of Scotland to the far corners of Britain including Cornwall.

Cattle in Cornwall

Next we have a friendly goat who liked being stroked ...

Goat in Cornwall

… and a cute lamb who was a little wary of my camera - but we made friends!

Lamb in Cornwall

More sheep ...


Sheep in Cornwall

… and even more sheep - zzzz zzzz zzzz!


sheep in Cornwall

Oh and also a turkey as Christmas is approaching - though I'm vegetarian!


Turkey in Cornwall

As with the first photo of this post it does seem that some cows and cattle in Cornwall have lovely views and surroundings while they chew the cud.


The cow to the left, on the next photo, did her best to smile as I requested.

Cattle in Cornwall with great view

Another view and that's it for today.




P.S. Nearly forgot the pigs!

Pigs in Cornwall

2 comments:

  1. A mix of cow breeds but they all have the same air of relaxation. The goat appears very lively and pigs always amuse me. Farm animals always interest me, but only to look at. Like you I'm a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David, I always like to see animals of any sort. Of course, the countryside would alter considerably if the whole population went vegetarian - but I'll still stick to my nut roasts etc.

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED POST

My Garden in Cornwall

There still isn't much colour in our garden at the moment, here in Cornwall. I think Spring must have forgotten us.  On the opposite  ...